YAML’s security risks are in no way limited to Rails or Ruby. YAML documents should be treated as executable code and firewalled accordingly. Deserializing arbitrary types is user-controlled, arbitrary code execution.
It’s Not Just Ruby
A few weeks ago, I had a need to parse Jasmine’s jasmine.yml in some C# code. I spent some time looking at [...]
- vimal on Using jqGrid with ASP.NET MVC: LINQ Extensions
- entity framework Unable to load the specified metadata resource on Troubleshooting Entity Framework Connection Strings
- Jeepy on Troubleshooting Entity Framework Connection Strings
- Craig Stuntz on Dynamic Creation of IntraWeb Components
- Marko on Dynamic Creation of IntraWeb Components