YAML’s security risks are in no way limited to Rails or Ruby. YAML documents should be treated as executable code and firewalled accordingly. Deserializing arbitrary types is user-controlled, arbitrary code execution.
It’s Not Just Ruby
A few weeks ago, I had a need to parse Jasmine’s jasmine.yml in some C# code. I spent some time looking at [...]
- sasikalac on A Math Primer for Gentry’s Fully Homomorphic Encryption
- Srikanth on Using jqGrid with ASP.NET MVC: Deleting Records
- Majed on join in LINQ to SQL and LINQ to Entities Considered Messy, Redundant
- DAVID on Troubleshooting Entity Framework Connection Strings
- Fede Torre on Faking a placeholder Attribute for an Editable div, and Some CSS Tricks