So, after working for 13 years for the same employer, I’ve changed jobs. This month I joined Spruce Media; my title is "Software Engineer." ‘Course, I liked my old job, too, but Spruce Media’s offer was too good to pass up.
It’s a really great time to be a skilled programmer; the market for top people is excellent (for job applicants; less so for employers!) here in Columbus. Anyone with a modicum of skill should be able to find a good job, and if you’re in the top of your field, you should be in a position where, each day, you’re treated like dozens of other employers are lined up to make you a great offer, since that’s probably in fact true.
Spruce Media engineers:
- Can work from home. This means more time with your family.
- Set our own hours. You’re judged on what you produce, instead of time sheets.
- Get any hardware or software we need, without hassles.
- Work with top-notch developers. As a distributed team, there’s no room for deadweight, and we’re able to find very skilled people more easily than teams confined to one city.
- Make a competitive salary, including equity.
- Don’t often have meetings.
- Work on interesting problems!